Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sentence-in-context

Sentence-in-context:

A: Hi! How are you doing?
B: Fine, and you?
A: Are you still buying things on ebay?
B: Oh, yes. You can make top dollar with that. I've benn buying all these D-battery-powered old video games from the '80s, man, you can be sure, there is a lot of people who buy this stuff.
A: Wow. I think I should do something like that. See you!
B: Take care.

Explanation:

Grammatically, it is interesting that you use the present perfect continuous. That shows us that the subject began the action in the past but it is still doing it at this moment. It is fascinating how you put the demonstrative determiner between two adjectives (all these old...). When I read the sentence I noticed the use of hyphens between words that are a compound modifier of a noun (adjective).

I like writing, so it is lovely to write contexts, and letting my imagination fly. :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for your blog from Mallorca!